Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Relaxing at Seaside Village

Tuesday and Wednesday, Oct. 17 and 18, 2017--Ballenita

There was no problem traveling on Tuesday.  I caught the Metrovia rapid bus transit and was at the Guayaquil bus station at 8:30.  There was a bus leaving at 8:45, so I took it.

Ballenita is a small village.  It has two paved streets, and all the others, including the one where I am staying, are dusty rock.  My landlords are an American couple who retired here from Cherry Hill, New Jersey.  They have been living here for 7 years and enjoy it.  They aren't alone in the area; there are lots of retirees here and nearby.

I have just been relaxing here. I went to the seaside Tuesday for lunch at a place that was a small hut with a thatched roof covered patio.  I had fish soup followed by a plate with baked fish that had been sliced an browned.  The fish was spread over a bed of rice and served with lentils and a salad with tomatoes, red onions, and slices of pepper.  Then I stopped at a supermarket and bought groceries.

The rest of Tuesday and most of today, I mostly stayed in the apartment and rested--watching BBC news, reading, doing travel planning and organizing, etc.  I did make another trip to the grocery store.  And I spent about an hour by the pool talking with my landlord Ed.  There really isn't much else to do here anyway.

Tomorrow is moving day again.  I will go another 2 1/2 hours north to Puerto Lopez where I will still be on the coast.

No comments: