Friday, October 27, 2017

Headed Home

Friday, Oct. 27, 2017--Quito

I made one final outing this morning to see an art museum in the building with the library.  It had 5 exhibits all tied to women including their lack of representation as artists in major museums, the way the must cover themselves in many countries where men do not, about the Gorilla Girls movement, negative quotes by famous men about women, etc.

I stayed at my apartment until 15:30.  That's when I had planned to leave, but rain clouds started forming, so I decided to leave at 15:00.  But just then the owner showed up wanting to have a friendly visit.  Fifteen minutes later while we were visiting, the rain started.  I had missed my chance to get to the bus stop dry.  When we left at 15:30, water was rushing in the streets, cars and buses were sending big splashes of water across the sidewalks, etc.  My shoes, socks, and pants legs were soaked by the time I reached the bus stop 1 1/2 blocks away.

The trip to the airport took 2 1/4 hours.  I arrived just before 18:00.  I have been watching people, reading, walking to heat up my feet for drying my socks and shoes, etc.

The flight to Houston leaves at 00:35.  I should be in San Antonio at 10:13 in the morning.

No comments: