Monday, January 14, 2013

Upala Wins

Monday Morning, Jan. 14, 2013--Cañas

Last night I wrote that I would go either to Upala or La Fortuna today.  La Fortuna is a major tourist area in Costa Rica, and I just don't want to face it.  My experience is that once a tourist area really flourishes, I don't enjoy being there much.  In all my trips to Thailand, I have avoided Phukett and the other major tourist islands.  It's much more enjoyable to be among ordinary people seeing how they live their lives and occasionally interacting with them.  Therefore, I'll head to the small town of Upala today by bus at 11:15.  I'll stay there tonight, and tomorrow I will head for the border crossing at Los Chiles.  Whether I can cross the border tomorrow or will have to stay overnight in Los Chiles, I don't know for sure.  However, it is possible that I may not have wifi for the next day or two.  That's why I am writing this short entry.  If there are no posts tonight or tomorrow, it will be for that reason.  Otherwise, I will be online as usual.  


No comments: