Sunday, January 13, 2013

Going Separate Ways

Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013--Wes to Corpus Christi; Randy Back to Cañas

After being stuffed again at 8:30 this morning with breakfast by the lady at the hotel--medium fruit plate of pineapple, papaya, canteloupe, and banana) plus main plate  (scrambled eggs, fried sausage, fried cheese, and white rice with black beans) and served with tortillas, bread, fresh mango juice, and coffee--we slowly got ready to depart.  We left the hotel at 11:45.  Wes wanted to stop at McDonald's to get a small burger to last him until he arrives in Houston tonight.  We sat there also enjoying an ice cold drink.

We moved across the street at 13:15 to wait for the bus to the airport which was scheduled at 13:37 but came 15 minutes late as has every bus we have taken in Costa Rica.  Anyway, that still gave him time to get to the airport almost two hours before his flight.  I walked 3 blocks to the bus station and was on a bus back to Cañas at 14:00.

The CanaBrava Inn had written that there would be a room for me today, so I went there and checked in.  I headed for the pool and had a swim to cool off.  Then I walked to the bus station to check schedules for tomorrow.  I still am uncertain of my exact plans.  I must make some decisions this evening.  However, the wifi is not working.  I am using a hotel computer to type this entry.  I think the problem is that they need to reboot their computer, modem, and routers.  Fortunately, a woman who did this last week when I was having problems arrived and understood.  So I am hoping to be in my room later this evening doing the planning that is needed for my travels tomorrow.  I will either take a bus to Upala or one to Tileran where I will connect with another to La Fortuna.

I expect the travels to become more interesting for the rest of the trip.  I will visit more exotic places than we have visited in Panama and Costa Rica.  Both of these countries have developed to the point that little is exotic anymore.  But Nicaragua should be quite interesting.  I will be taking bus, boat, and maybe air trips there to get to some remote places that should be exciting.

Spending Update:  Wes and I had to figure our spending to see who owed whom what.  (I owe him about $21.)  In doing the figuring, we determined our expenses by country.  Here are the results:

Panama--We spent a total of $960.16 over 10 days for an average of $48.01 per person per day.

Costa Rica--We spent a total of $654.78 over 9 days for an average of $36.50 per person per day.

Whole Trip to this Point--We spent a total of $1584.94 over 19 days for an average of $41.71 per day.


No comments: