Saturday, September 30, 2017

First Rainy Day of the Trip

Saturday, Sept. 30, 2017--Banos

I have been traveling for 1 1/2 months, and today has been the first real day of rain.  There have been several night rains, and there have been a couple of days when there was a brief afternoon shower.  But today it was raining when I awoke and it didn't end until about 16:30.

I had intended to go to one of the bath houses again today.  Instead, I stayed inside.  I took a long, hot shower here.  And I passed the day reading and doing travel planning.  I had plenty of food here, so I have remained comfortable and have been productive. 

One of my main accomplishments has been to finalize my travel dates for the rest of the trip.  I had to cut one of the places that would have been most interesting to visit (the Quilotoa Loop or Traverse), but it was going to be very awkward to accomplish because of having to leave my luggage somewhere, because of rather inadequate places to stay overnight, and because of poor bus service.  Unfortunately, I have also had to commit myself to one final 10-hour bus trip. 

With the finalized schedule, I can now work on reservations for where to stay in each place.  Today, I narrowed my possibilities down to two apartments in Vilcabamca, and I may finalize a reservation for there tonight.  I have 6 more destinations following there ranging in stays from 1 to 6 nights.

Now that the rain has ended and the sun is out, I will take one last stroll around Banos.  Tomorrow is a travel day.

No comments: