Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Problems in Rio

Problems in Rio

I am not going to be able to make my usual posts for a while. I broke my thumb on Sunday evening by tripping over a low-rise concrete post meant to keep cars off the sidewalk. I was in back of aoup and could not see it coming up. As the others parted, I walked right into it hitting my knee against it and flying into a flip. I boke my lft metatarsal near the joint, so I had surgery Monday morning to put it together with two pins. In 10 days, I must see a doctor to get my stitches removed and a hard cast placed on it. In 4 weeks, I must see another doctor to have it x-rayed to see if it is healed. If, so, the pins and the cast will be removed. If not, they will be removed two weeks after that. I will continue traveling as planned, since it would be a bigger hassle trying to get back home.

The other bad news is that Merryl is sick today with the touristas. She took care of me in the hospital, so I have tried to help her today by getting her some medicine, food, Sprite, toilet paper, etc. She seemed to be better tonight. We fly to Iguazu tomorrow afternoon. We are hoping ou experiences will improve!

I will continue to post. I just cannot put lots of details into them for 2-4 weeks. I will post the highlights every 2-4 days, however. You will know where I am and how things are going in general.

No comments: