Friday, January 20, 2006

Postponed Trip to Wineries

Postponed Trip to Wineries

Friday, Jan. 20, 2006

My stomach was uneasy through the night, so I postponed the trip I had planned for visiting wineries today. I knew that tasting wine just didn´t sound nice to me. As the day has progressed, I´ve felt much better. I had lunch at 1:30 and have experienced no side effects from it. I ate roasted chicken with a garlic over it and potatoes with a Sprite. I had intended to wait until Monday or Tuesday to try to go to the wineries, but now I am thinking I might try to go tomorrow. Saturdays are probably extra busy, but maybe I´ll get personal attention with my hand in a cast!!

I tried to go to a museum about the history of the city, but it is closed all month. It seems that almost everyone takes vacation here in January, so many businesses and establishments just close for the month to let their employees off. I did go to a museum yesterday which is where the center of Mendoza was before the big 1863 earthquake that destroyed the city. The museum displays the foundations of the original buildings and has photos and diaramas of what the city was like before the earthquake. It´s because of that earthquake that it is such a nice city today--planned and developed with wide streets and many parks.

I´m working on trying to get reservations for Valparaiso, Chile for next week. The day bus that goes over the mountains doesn´t arrive there until 10:30 p.m. I definitely do not want to arrive that late without having a place to stay! Anyway, one place has openings for some of the nights I will be there. I´m waiting to hear from another.

No comments: