Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!

Sunday, Jan. 1, 2006, Copenhagen

I slept until 9:40. And Grethe arrived home around 10:30. Then we sat inside all day. Grethe made a nice lunch of open-faced sandwiches. I gave her some lessons on the computer. We read. In the evening we had wienersnitzel with horseradish, boiled potatoes, green beens, and bernaise sauce. I read in the evening while Grethe watched TV. It was a quiet, easy-going day.

Monday, Jan. 2, Copenhagen

Grethe returned to work today. I had plans to do 2-3 things, but I scaled them back because my stomach felt uneasy. I took imodium and made only one outing--to buy supplies for dinner.

Grethe's nursing friend Lotte came for dinner. At first, I thought I would be okay. I joined them for chips and guacamole. Then I cooked burgers. I ate a first one, but then I could tell my stomach was upset. I cleaned the kitchen while they continued with a second burger and coffee, cookies, and chocolate. By 9 p.m., I excused myself and went to bed. AT 10:45, I had to go to the toilet with diarrhea. Then every 1 1/2 to 2 hours I was up all night returning to the toilet. I had severe diarrhea combined with lots of gas (released both through burping and while on the toilet).

Tuesday, Jan. 3, Copenhagen (Part I)

I called Old Grethe this morning to cancel my appointment with her at 10:00. At 7:30, I took Pepto Bismol after a bowel movement. Later, I ate two pieces of plain toast. It's now 10:00, and so far, so good. I would like to hope the worst is over and that I will quicly get well. But I am worried, since I really have not felt well and have had recurring stomach problems for about 6 days.

No comments: