Sunday, April 30, 2017

Sunday in Barcelona

Sunday, Apr. 30, 2017--Barcelona

The day started with light rain.  Originally, the forecast had been for rain all day, but this morning, it indicated that the sun should come out about noon.  I left the room at that time.  It was cool and a bit breezy.  I started to go to a park rather far away, but then clouds and a bit of drizzle started, so I decided to stay close to my place.  I turned around, and the sun was back out before I got here.  I took a bench in a neighborhood area and read from my present book.

Almost everywhere I have been here in the city are places I visited when I was here before.  The park I was headed toward this morning was one I visited.  It's a problem I always have if I return to a city.  I recall it too well.  It's been okay to be here, but it would have been better to have visited another city where I have never been.  Tomorrow, I leave here, and all of the remaining places I visit on this trip will be completely new for me.

While out, I did see an interesting art exhibit entitled Disorder.  It has award winning pictures by various photographers showing the problems that the world faces--problems with flooding, problems with refugees, problems with bee colonies dying, etc.

It's time for dinner, so I will go out and find a place to eat nearby.  Then I will return and stay inside tonight and read or watch TV.

I'm expecting the train station to be a madhouse tomorrow, since it is the last day of a holiday weekend.  Fortunately, I will have a reserved seat on my train.  And maybe since it leaves at 12:10, maybe I will be getting out before the madhouse situation becomes really bad.

No comments: