Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Snow Coming Tonight

Wednesday, Apr. 26, 2017--Andorra del Vella

One of the really nice things about this place is its public art.  I noticed  Botero sculpture in the middle of a traffic circle as we entered the city yesterday.  Then I noticed another piece of art in another traffic circle.  For the past two days, I have been seeing more public art--at intersections and in courtyards.  The works are all by major artists.

Andorra must be a paradise for alcoholics.  (Or hell!)  With their low taxes, the liquor prices are unbelievably low.  I had noticed all the stores yesterday, but today I paid attention to the prices:  A liter of J&B Scotch for 8.90 Euros.  A liter of 51 Cachaca from Brizil for 6.90 Euros.  A liter of Tanqueray Gin for 10.90 Euros or Bombay Sapphire Gin for 11.90 Euros.  I bought a liter bottle of Jacare Cachaca for 4.95!!

There have been light showers off and on today.  When the sun come out for about 2 hours this afternoon, I decided to go back out.  But it started raining again with snow mixed into it.  Our forecast for tonight and tomorrow is for snow.  I imagine it will be light snow showers, since the rain has been light.  Hope it won't create a problem for me going to the bus station tomorrow, since I have to leave for Barcelona.

No comments: