Wednesday, July 13, 2016

A Lazy Day with Grethe

Tuesday, July 12, 2016--Copenhagen

Grethe was off work on Tuesday, so we had a lazy day together starting with a light breakfast of breads with cheeses and jam.  Later in the morning, we both left to do a few errands--her to go downtown and me to go to a nearby supermarket.

We tried to watch a Netflix film in the afternoon.  My subscription, which I discontinue when I travel but which continues until the end of the current subscription period rather than stopping and pro-rating the difference, doesn't expire until next week.  I could pull up a film on my phone and on my computer, but neither could be connected to her TV due to a lack of compatible types of connections.  Then we pulled out one of her computers that has an HDMI connector and tried to watch on TV via it.  First we were told that it failed because a program needed to be activated on the computer.  But after I activated it, the film would run on the computer but not on the TV.  We just gave up, since watching together on a small screen would have been awkward and difficult.

Instead, we watched more of the Tour de France bicycle race.  We've watched parts of it on at least 4 days now.  Today, they were on flatter, farming-related terrain vs. the mountains of the Pyrenees the previous days. 

Every visit I have had with Grethe on my returns to Denmark in the past 12 years, I have made hamburgers for us one evening.  Last night was the night for this year.  She loves burgers, but she never makes them.  Last night I made us burgers stacked high with a thick patty of meat, tomatoes, pickles, onions, and lettuce on a multi-grain seeded bun spread with mustard.  We had tortilla chips with them.

No comments: