Wednesday, August 06, 2008

ATW IX Starts Tomorrow

Wednesday, Aug. 6, 2008--Bangkok

Today is my last full day in Bangkok. I went to the main shopping area hoping to see a film. One that I wanted to see is not showing. Another that would have been acceptable wasn't scheduled until 14:30. I went to the IMAX to consider seeing The Dark Knight, and it had just started at 11:00 (and it was then 11:15). So I gave up and left the area. I will just relax today. I'll probably return to my hotel this afternoon and go up to the pool to read and occasionally cool off in the water.

I dreamed about Arne last night. Because he was on my mind, I was thinking about him at breakfast today. He would have truly loved having breakfast at my hotel. They have whole grain breads, brown bread, butter, jams, fruits, yogurts, Asian dishes, French toast, eggs of various kinds, ham, bacon, sausages, etc. Even the coffee would be dark enough to please him, I think.

I won't connect to the Internet tomorrow. I will stay at the hotel until noon when I will check out. Then I will head to the airport. I think I will experiment to see if I can take the subway to a stop where the airport bus passes and see if I can get it to pick me up there by the subway stop. I know it has stopped to pick up passengers before when I have taken it from Victory Circle to the Airport. My flight isn't until 17:45, so if the bus doesn't stop for me, I can still take a bus to Victory Circle and switch to the airport bus with plenty of time for getting to my flight. By the way, the bus let me off at the subway stop coming INTO town from the airport, so that is another reason why I think I could get it to stop for me on the way out.

No comments: