Monday, August 29, 2005

Doctors Day in Bangkok

I am not going to be able to make a normal post. I do not have the use of my right index finger. I just left the dermatologist's office where I had another wart treatment on that finger--my fifth since March. I have been battling this wart for years and am determined to finally get rid of it. Today, I had a laser treatment to burn away what was there. The doctor was proud of his work and made me look at it. Cost of the treatment and office visit was less than $20--far less than my insurance co-pay!!

Before the dermotologist visit, I went to my dentist. She cleaned my teeth and put three fillings along the gum lines where the gums had been receding. There were no cavaties, so that was it for dental treatment for this year. The total for all that work was less than $60--about the cost of just the cleaning at home.

I will be in Bangkok the rest of this week. There us nothing special for me to do now. I will have to be careful with my finger and treat it day and night. I hope to be typing with it again before I leave.

Notice: I am leaving for Myanmar on Sarturday. There is no Internet access in Myanmar. Therefore, my blog will have to go silent during the 24 days I am there. I will be flying to Mumbai in India on Sept. 25, so after I leave here, the first possible blog entry will be on Sept. 26 or 27. I'll try to be on in a day or two from here in Bangkok, however.

No comments: