Tuesday, October 23, 2018

The Last and Best of the Days in Nature on This Trip

Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2018--Marietta to Columbus

It was another day wandering through natural areas on back roads--Wayne National Forest, Trimble Wilderness Area, Lake Hope State Park, Zalesky State Forest, Turkey Ridge Wildlife Area, and Hocking Hills State Park.   Along the way, I also explored the interesting small town of Nelsonville and the Hocking College campus there.  The best was the Hocking Hills State Park where I hiked through the woods on trails going beside a gorge, waterfalls, and a lake.  It is truly the most beautiful part of Ohio I have found.

I arrived in Columbus in the afternoon, bought gas and some groceries, and arrived at the apartment I have rented for the next four nights around 16:30.  I was tired and stayed inside for the rest of the evening.

No comments: