Wednesday, May 30, 2018

A Quiet Day in the Neighborhood after a Worrisome Evening

Wednesday, May 30, 2018--Montreal

Last night after I returned to the apartment, I got word that a raccoon was in my condo in San Antonio.  My sister had discovered it and was trying to handle the problem.  She had spent all day after a first call to my management company trying to contact them again with 5 phone calls and an email and no response.  That's typical for property management companies.  If you look up their ratings online, the best tend to be about 2 out of 5!!  I contacted the president and the treasurer of my homeowner's association, and they dealt with it immediately during the evening--calling a company which caught the critter and removed it.  But now I have to deal with the damage and the mess when I return home this weekend.

I had trouble sleeping during the evening because of worries about how bad the situation will be when I get back.  Therefore, I was tired all day today.  Instead of going out, I stayed inside most of the day.  I did go to the grocery store to buy a few items around 14:00.  But I watched two films on Netflix, I read news on the Internet, etc., to pass the time.  Tomorrow, although there is a chance of rain in the early afternoon, I will go back out again to see more sights.

No comments: