Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Smooth Travel Day until the End

Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2017--San Antonio to Cartagena vis Houston and Panama City

My flights were on time.  I had enough time at each airport to eat a snack I brought, go the the restrooms, and then some. 

We arrived about 2 minutes early in Cartagena, then everything became a problem: 

1.  My bag didn't arrive, so that caused me to be at the airport much longer than necessary--first waiting for it, and then completing paperwork when it didn't arrive.  Since there were adequate connection times--3 hrs in Houston and 2 hours in Panama City, it should have been here. 

2.  The first 3 ATMs would not give me money.  And the 4th one would only give me the equivalent of $100 with a $3 fee!!  To be honest, though, I thought I might not make it out of the airport without money!!

3.  The ATM only gave me money in 50,000 COP bills (about $17), and my taxi ride was supposed to be 14,000 COP (a little less than $5).  So I had to worry if I could trust the driver who said he would be able to give me change.  Fortunately, that worked out okay, but it was stressful until he handed me the right change.

It's after midnight.  Let's hope things improve tomorrow and that they get my luggage to me!!

No comments: