Sunday, June 18, 2017

Arrival Home and Spending Report

Sunday, June 18, 2017--Back in San Antonio

There was a delay at the Houston airport Thursday night that caused my plane to arrive in San Antonio 30 minutes late at 23:25.  Two other planes landed in Terminal B at the same time, and at least one had just landed in Terminal A, so it took longer to get my baggage than usual (probably due to crews needed in more than one place at the same time).  My sister picked me up, and it was midnight when I got home--27 hours from the time I had gotten up in Valencia Thursday morning.  (There's a 7 hour difference in time zones between there and here.)

Some people are always interested in my spending reports, so here is the one for this trip:

For the whole trip (70 days), I spent $4105.85 (not including airfare) for a daily average of $58.66.

For the part of the trip when I was alone (39 days), I spent $2678.17 for a daily average of $68.67.

For the part of the trip when Wes was with me (31 days), I spent $1427 for an daily average of $46.05.

The main difference was that I was paying the entire cost of housing when alone and sharing the housing cost when Wes was with me.  Another small factor is that we chose cheaper places to stay and to eat when Wes was with me than I did for when I was traveling alone.

No comments: