Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Sick for a Day

Tuesday, Sept.13, 2016--Tirane

When I went out for a while last night, I didn't stay out long.  I thought I was just tired from the stresses of the day. But I must have been coming down with a virus.  A little later, I had a bought of diarrhea.  Then I had chills.  I kept burping up the taste of some peanuts I had eaten while writing my blog.  I felt worse and worse as the night continued, but I only had diarrhea once more, and I never threw up.

This morning, I didn't really want anything at breakfast, but I forced myself to eat some eggs, some tomatoes, a piece of cheese, and a tub of yogurt.  I ate about half a slice of bread with some honey, and I drank two glasses of juice and a cup of tea.  Then I went to find the office for th bus I was supposed to take from here tomorrow morning at 3:30 a.m.!

I never found the bus office.  But there was another office with a bus going where I wanted to go at 11:00 each day.  I talked to the woman, and they even stop right where I want to be; the other bus would have taken me further causing me to have to backtrack for 45 minutes.  I knew that the new bus would be a much more convenient time and that it would give me more time to get well before leaving.  Also, since I hadn't been looking forward to carrying my luggage 25 minutes across town in the middle of the night, I booked a ticket with this new company.

Returning to the hotel, I felt worse and worse. The smell of food was a turn-off, and a slight fever had returned.  Even noises irritated me and I had no interest on being on the computer.  I went to bed and slept for about 4 1/2 hours.  Sometime around 16:00, I realized I was starting to feel better.  So at 17:00, I went out for a walk for two hours.  I could smell the food without feeling sick.  But I still felt clammy as if I might have a bit of a fever.  Anyway, apparently, it was just a 24-hour virus and I will be fine for travel tomorrow.  I'm so glad.


No comments: