Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The Girl Under the Olive Tree

Aug. 11, 2015--San Antonio, TX

In addition to writing about my travels, I have used my blog to keep track of the books I have read.  That's because I have tended to read novels only when traveling.  I've decided to start reading more novels at home, so I will continue to keep a record of what I have read here.  I just finished The Girl Under The Olive Tree (using the capitalization as presented on the book cover) by Leah Fleming which I have rated 3 stars out of 4.  I would have rated it higher based on the beginning of the book, but it seemed to bog down a bit too much in the  mountains of Crete during WWII.  Still, it was a good story.

There are upcoming travels.  I'm just not sure what yet.  I will make a short trip somewhere this fall.  New York City?  Somewhere else?  Coming up in the next 2-3 years are the following trips:

One maybe 2-3 months to Colombia and Ecuador.

One maybe 2-3 months to Peru and Bolivia (and maybe northern Chile).

One for maybe 4-5 months in Asia--Parts of China, Vietnam, Thailand, and India most likely.

One maybe 2 1/2 months exploring secondary cities and rural areas of Spain.

One maybe 2 1/2 months exploring secondary cities and rural areas of France.

One of undetermined length to visit islands of Greece in the "off" season--late spring or early fall.


No comments: