Sunday, December 16, 2012

New Trip Coming Up

Dec. 16, 2012--San Antonio, TX

I'll be departing on a new trip on Christmas Day, Dec. 25.  I'll be in Panama, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua for a total of 7 1/2 weeks.  There won't be a set itinerary this time.  I want to be free to change my plans as I go along.

The first week will be the hardest part of the trip, because the week between Christmas and New Year's is a time when almost everyone in Panama travels.  I have made reservations for two places for the first 6 days.  However, it's not just hotels that are affected.  Getting a seat on a bus may be even more difficult.  The big problem will come on Dec. 30 when I try to go from Santa Fe to Banquete.  I am hoping that if I cannot make it all the way, that the potential stopping points are non-traditional vacation spots where a hotel room should be available.  I can't make a hotel reservation in Banquete, because it is quite likely that I will not make it there.  If I do make it there, however, friends of a friend have kindly offered to let me stay with them if I cannot find a hotel available once I arrive.  Therefore...

It should be an interesting, and maybe sometimes exciting, trip.  I'll post regularly so that those of you who want to know where I am and what I am doing can check the blog.  In the meantime, have a very happy holiday season.

No comments: