Thursday, May 10, 2012

Rain Delay for Me

Thursday, May 10, 2012--San Antonio

We are having thunderstorms in San Antonio.  They weren't supposed to start until around 4:00 p.m., but they started around 9:00 a.m.  There is also a system of storms in the Newark area.  Because of the storms, there is a flight delay for my San Antonio to Newark segment.  As of right now, it is scheduled to depart at 3:14 rather than 1:56.  Fortunately, there is some padding in my schedule.  Presently, they expect us to arrive in Newark at 8:20 which would give me 50 minutes to make my connection for my 9:30 flight from there to Belfast.  United has sent two e-mails with time updates; fortunately that latest one moved the departure time up by 15 minutes.  I've checked the flights for Wes, and his seem to be okay.  He wrote me yesterday saying that he was ill in the morning with diarrhea and vomiting.  I haven't heard from him since, so I guess it was just a momentary bout of illness.  I hope so; I would hate to think that I haven't heard because it became severe with hospitalization and the inability to reach me.


No comments: