Thursday, June 10, 2010

Troubles Communicating from China

This will be a quick post.  I am being loaned a computer in a hotel for a brief moment.  China has implemented a new policy that people cannot use computers in cyber cafes unless they have a government ID.  They have new scanners which scan the cards electronically and then can follow every website that anyone goes to.  Tourists are not allowed to use cyber cafes.  I've been in 3 cities.  I even backtracked today to Harbin in hopes of using the cyber cafe I used here before.  But they have the new rule posted and will not let me use their computer again either.  I will not be able to make another post until I arrive in Hong Kong in late June.  I am fine and will be fine.  This is just another example of why it is best to live in a democracy rather than under communism.  Will figure out now whether to go back onto my schedule or not.  I will be in Dalian at the planned dates and in Qingdao.  The hotels there are listed on my blog, so it should be possible to call me there if there is any reason to do so.  Otherwise, I will be back online in Hong Kong at the end of the month.
 
Randy

No comments: