Thursday, September 04, 2008

Kind Responses from Delsey and Sam's Club

I wrote e-mails to Delsey and Sam's Club telling them about the wheel problems with my luggage that are now causing me to have to carry my bag rather than roll it as I continue my travels. I got responses this week from both of them. They have told me they are sorry and will replace my bag when I return to the U.S. That is nice of them. When I wrote Samsonite 9 years ago about a problem with one of their bags, I never got a response. Of course, even if my present bag is replaced, I cannot use the replacement for my around-the-world trip next year. I will need to buy a different bag so that I can trust the wheels to last me an entire 5 1/2 month trip. This bag is dirty from grimy bus bins in Thailand and India, but it is in good shape other than the worn-down wheel and the area of the bag near that wheel where it wore away from dragging on that side before I started carrying it. If it had had a better "axle" (for the wheel seemed to start wobbling and sticking just before it came apart) and had had rollerskate-type wheels rather than plastic ones coated with a layer of rubber, it would have been as good as any bag I have used in the past and would have probably lasted me through next year.

No comments: