Sunday, May 13, 2007

Reading List for Travels in 2007

There seems to be an interest in what books I read when I am traveling. For those of you interested, these are the books I am taking with me this time:

Krik? Krak! by Edwidge Danticat (National Book Award Finalist)

Life and Times of Michael K by J. M. Coetzee (Winner of Nobel Prize in Literature)

The Line of Beauty by Alan Hollinghurst (2004 Man Booker Prize)

The Last Kingdom by Bernard Cornwell

Saturday by Ian McEwan

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hossein

Memed, My Hawk by Yashar Kemal

The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai (2006 Man Booker Prize)

The Piano Tuner by Daniel Mason

The Master by Colm Toibin (New York Times Book Review One of the Ten Best 2004)

The Cutting Room by Louise Welsh

Grange House by Sarah Blake

No comments: