Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Peanuts, Olives, and San Miguel Beer on the Balcony

Wednesday, May 10, 2017--Logrono to Santander

It was a three hour bus trip from Logrono to Santander.  It was supposed to be a luxury bus, but the bucket-style seats were uncomfortable for me.  I kept having a pain in one of my legs from pressure at the edge of the seat. 

Santander is a city with multiple levels.  The bus station is on a lower level near the sea.  To get to the apartment where I am staying here, I had to first walk up a winding street.  Then I had to walk on a straight street while still going up hill.  Finally, I turned and walked down the other side.  The apartment is on a beautiful, wide boulevard lined with huge trees.  Since it was a sunny day, I changed to shorts and sandals and went to a local supermarket to buy supplies.  Then I returned and sat on my balcony drinking a beer while snacking on peanuts and olives.  It was such a relaxing way to spend the afternoon until the air started turning cool again.

The rest of the evening, I just stayed inside continuing to read.  I ate half of a tortilla (potato-egg-chorizo) which I bought with some bread and some tomato salsa.

No comments: